FIDELCO GRANT WRITER - Wilton, CT
At Fidelco, we change the lives of our blind clients on a daily basis. Our dedicated team of employees, puppy raisers and volunteers is passionate about creating German Shepherd Guide Dogs that will serve our clients for many years. We are celebrating our 60th anniversary in 2020, and we are looking to make a huge impact on the next 60 years!
We are expanding our team in Fairfield county and have an exciting opening for an experienced Grant Writer. Based out of our Wilton office, this position is perfect for a high-energy, outgoing individual who excels at writing applications for grants and can identify new sources of funding for Fidelco.
Candidates who will attract our attention have deep experience in identifying sources for grants and writing successful grant applications. We’re looking for highly organized, creative thinkers with a can-do attitude. We value the ability to perform deep research on prospective funders, write grant applications that portray our mission in a highly impactful manner, and research new sources of funding.
Interested? Let’s get in touch. While we’re interested to see your resume, we’re more interested in your cover letter explaining why you’re the person we must hire for this opportunity! Send to email@example.com.
• Develop, prepare and submit timely, well written, persuasive letters of inquiry and grant proposals to foundations, corporations and governmental funding sources to secure revenues to further Fidelco’s mission.
• Work with others internally as needed to develop and prepare proposals and reporting to ensure grant requirements are fulfilled.
• Monitor announcements of RFP’s to identify prospects for new grants.
• Maintain grant proposal and reporting calendar to ensure deadlines are met and that an aggressive grant proposal submission program is maintained.
• Perform related administrative responsibilities as required.
• Act as a liaison with program officers at foundations.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for an advanced degree.
• 5-7 years experience in grant proposal writing and a proven track record in writing successful grant applications.
• Prior experience in developing and managing a grants and reports submission schedule.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of non-profit fundraising practices and procedures.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and proven organizational skills.
• Solutions oriented with a commitment to deliver excellent internal and external customer service.
• Ability to think creatively, creating opportunities for funding from non-traditional sources.